Student Access Card

Your student access card is your official college ID card and gives you access to student benefits and activities. Each semester you need a new sticker for your student access card to be valid.

Benefits of the student access card include:

  • Access to Regional Transit services
  • Access to college library materials
  • Use of GoPrint stations
An example student access card

Requirements to get a student access card

To get a student access card, you must:

  • Be enrolled in at least one class (not waitlisted)
  • Pay all of your fees and have an account balance of $0
  • Provide a valid photo ID, such as a driver's license (if it is your first time getting a student access card)

You must also get your picture taken for your student access card. We require a clear picture of your face, which means you have to remove any hair or head coverings or any objects that cover your face, except for prescription glasses with clear lenses.

Pick-up locations

Check with each location below for their hours.

  • American River College pick-up locations
    • ARC Main campus, Center for Leadership and Development (inside the Student Center)
    • Natomas Center, Main Office
  • Cosumnes River College pick-up locations
    • CRC Main Campus, Admissions and Records (P-48)
    • Elk Grove Center
  • Folsom Lake College pick-up locations
    • FLC Main Campus, Welcome and Student Success Center (FL 1)
    • El Dorado Center, Computer Lab (C-204)
    • Rancho Cordova Outreach Center
  • Sacramento City College locations
    • SCC Main Campus, City Cafe 2: August and January only
    • SCC Main Campus, Learning Resource Center (2nd Floor): February through July and September through December
    • Davis Center
    • West Sacramento Center

Student access card benefits

Universal Transit Pass

The Universal Transit Pass (UTP) allows eligible students to use Regional Transit bus and light rail services at a lower price. To use your student access card as a transit pass, it must have the current semester UTP sticker.

Learn more about the UTP, including how the fee is calculated.

College Library Card

Your student access card is also your college library card. It is valid at all of our libraries across the district. You must present your card at your library's circulation desk when borrowing books and other library materials, but you no longer need a card to access online library resources.

Active, enrolled students can:

  • Use library research databases
  • Request library materials from other libraries within the district
  • Place holds
  • Review library records online

If you have questions, contact your college's library for assistance.

GoPrint Card

You can use your student access card to make photocopies or prints at any GoPrint station at any college in the district. To activate the debit stripe on the back of your card, insert it into any vend/revalue GoPrint station and deposit the amount (minimum $1) you wish to put on the card. You can add money to the card any time.

If you still have money on a former GoPrint card, then you can continue to use that card until the value is spent by going to a revalue station and inserting your card to reactivate it.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What if my card or UTP sticker is lost or stolen?

You get one student access card free each academic year. There are charges for replacement cards:

  • $5 for a new student access card without a UTP sticker
  • $38.75 for a new student access card with a new UTP sticker (spring or fall semester)
  • $16 for a new student access card with a new UTP sticker (summer semester)
  • $33.75 for just a new UTP sticker (spring or fall semester)
  • $11 for just a new UTP sticker (summer semester)

You can pay for a replacement card at your college's Business Services Office. Bring the receipt for your payment to a location where ID cards are issued to get a new one.

What if my card or sticker is damaged?

Damaged cards or stickers will be replaced free of charge. Please bring the damaged card or damaged sticker to a location where cards are issued to get a new one.