LRCCD Header

Los Rios Community College District
Acceptable Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agencies

Effective August 1, 2011, the Los Rios Community College District will accept foreign transcripts evaluations from any agency that is a member of either AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).

For specific agencies that are member of AICE or NACES go to:
AICE website:
NACES website:

Official transcripts and/or evaluated foreign transcripts are used to:

  1. Verify that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications in the discipline they are applying for. Please refer to the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges available at:   
  2. Establish salary/class placement of hired faculty with the Los Rios Community College District. Once hired, the Human Resources staff will evaluate the official transcript and/or the foreign transcript evaluation documentation, for the highest class salary placement. Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States, that is not a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation* (CHEA), must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.

  3. a. Unless the degree is a doctorate in the discipline being taught, the highest class placement will be calculated by the number of upper division/graduate units earned past a bachelor’s/master’s degree. It is up to the applicant/employee, when they request their foreign transcripts to be evaluated, to request to have the specific units evaluated (i.e., include the number of units earned per course and the level of the course taken [upper division, graduate, lower division, undergraduate, etc.]). This evaluation will assist in getting placed at the highest class placement if/when hired with the Los Rios Community College District.

    Please refer to: for further details on class placement.

    b. The above information does not apply to Law degrees (J.D.). All J.D degrees must be earned from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the California Bar Association (CBA).

    A list of schools accredited by the ABA can be found at:

    A list of schools accredited by the CBA can be found at:

    * Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) was previously the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation (CORPA) and CORPA was previously the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation (COPA).