Brought to you by Employee Benefits
SEPTEMBER - OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
- Approximately 22,240 women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer annually.
- If detected at its earliest stage, ovarian cancer has a five-year survival rate of over 93%.
- Pelvic/abdominal pain
- difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary urgency or frequency
- Family hisotry of breast or ovarian cancer
- Personal history of cancer
- Woman over the age 55
- Women who have never been pregnant
- Women on menopausal hormone replacement therapy
Staying Healthy Tips:
- You can reduce your risk of many cancers by consuming a diest consisting of high fiber and whole grains.
- Exercising at least 150 minutes per week can lower your risk of many health conditions.
- Be sure that your immunizations are current. Getting a flu shot is a good way to prevent getting and spreading the flu to others.
- Be sure to get sufficient rest.
2014 LOS RIOS FALL HEALTH & BENEFITS FAIR
It is once again time for our annual Faculty & Staff Health & Benefits Fair. The event will take place at all
four campuses and the District Office and will include both new and returning vendors providing important services
and information regarding such topics as the Living Healthy Los Rios Wellness Program, health insurance and screenings,
nutrition and healthy eating, exercise and fitness, and financial health and retirement. Stop by for your chance to
win raffle prizes, including gift certificates for cooking classes, running training programs, temporary gym memberships,
as well as giveaways from each of our bookstores, and much, much more!
Did you miss the webinar on Combating & Preventing Diabetes or Food & Mood? Those webinars and many more are archived on the Health Talks website.
ADDITIONAL HEALTH & WELLNESS INFORMATION
Get helpful tips on health and wellness from Weight Watchers, Compsych, VSP and Kaiser.
Visit our Community Events page for upcoming activities in your area.