Brought to you by Employee Benefits
FEBRUARY - NATIONAL HEART MONTH
Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States?
To help prevent heart disease you can:
- Eat healthy and get active.
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation.
- Manage stress.
Fall into Fitness Challenge Results!
The Fall Into Fitness Challenge took place from October 29th through December 8th, 2014. 48 participants completed at least 10 of 20 challenges and were entered into a drawing for 5 fabulous prizes. And the winners were…
- Fleet Feet training program: William Darnell (SCC)
- Spare Time Club - 2 month gym membership: Shawn Ledet (SCC)
- $100 Big 5 gift card: Jennifer Patrick(SCC)
- $100 Sports Authority gift card: Stephanie Pringle Fox (DO)
- $100 REI gift card: Jennifre Siu (SCC)
Congratulations to everyone who participated, and keep up the good work! Be sure to check back for future fitness challenge information.
Have a question, comment, or suggestion? You can now email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss the webinar on Combating & Preventing Diabetes or Food & Mood? Those webinars and many more are archived on the Health Talks website.
Get helpful tips on health and wellness from Weight Watchers, Compsych, VSP and Kaiser.
Visit our Community Events page for upcoming activities in your area.